Friday, August 15, 2008

Seven Long Years

Well, I finally did it! After seven long years, I finally busted out and dusted off my rollerblades! Can you believe it? At 40 years of age, I am finally skating again! It's about time, I say. My saddlebags or "cartucheros" as they are called in Spanish were getting the better of me. You can blame only so much on pregnancy and motherhood.

I am out of the blaming mode and into the action! Of course, the first time out of the gate I had to fall and skin my knee. Well, skin my knee is putting it lightly. More like skin all the layers of the skin off my knee!

Next step, to convince DH to invest in bicycles so we can take advantage of the wonderful bike path that winds through our neighborhood. Certainly AR will enjoy riding on the back of one of them!

No comments: