Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Toddler's Busy Social Life

When I was single, I needed a planner/agenda to keep my professional and social life straight.

As a married woman, I found modern technology to be helpful with a shared online calendar with DH and a PDA that could be synchronized with my agenda in my computer.

As a mother, I am about to pull the hair out of my head! I don't know how to keep it all straight. The playgroup that I started for AR is on summer hiatus, like the rest of Spain. However, we have joined another one which meets twice weekly during the summer. Our playgroup will enter full swing in September with a rhythm and music class planned as well as a repeat visit to Burrolandia. There are discussions about starting dance classes in English as well. Anything to get AR communicating as much as possible in English.

Apart from the playgroups we have the playdates and the birthday parties and trips to Safari Madrid. Forget Mommy's social life. She is too busy keeping AR's social life under control.

In addition to his social life, he has a busy traveling life as well. In getting ready for a trip to Russia, we've had to renew his Spanish passport...already!! And the boy has been around with at least 3 trips to the USA under his belt in his young life. Now Russia... Ah, the life of an expat's child. And that isn't counting the number of kilometers he has logged in various road trips with Mommy and Papá ... a couple of times to Soria, to Valencia, Segovia, Toledo, around Madrid Community, and soon to the Sierra de Francia. We will be heading there for a long weekend and it's my job to plan and organize the trip. It will be AR's first tent camping adventure!

We will come back just in time to celebrate the annual festivities of San Sebastián de los Reyes. This will be AR's second time at these encierros. It has been an annual event that my father-in-law loves to go to. We can't let him down this year!!

No comments: